Constitution of Kyrgyzstan
"We, the people of
endeavoring to ensure the national rebirth of the Kyrgyz and the protection and development of the interests of the representatives of all ethnic groups which, together with the Kyrgyz, form the people of Kyrgyzstan, and proceeding from the precepts of our ancestors to live in unity, peace, and accord;
1. "The state language of the Kyrgyz Republic is the Kyrgyz language".
2. "The Kyrgyz Republic guarantees the preservation of, equal rights of, and the free development and functioning of Russian and all other languages which are used by the population of the republic".
3. "Abridgment of the rights and freedoms of citizens on the grounds of lack of knowledge of or inability to speak the state language is unlawful".
3. "All people in the Kyrgyz Republic are equal before the law and the courts. No one may be subjected to any sort of discrimination or abridgment of rights and freedoms because of origin, gender, race, ethnicity, language, faith, political or religious beliefs, or any other conditions or circumstances of a personal or social character".
3. "Any citizen of the Kyrgyz Republic not younger than 35 years of age and not older than 65 years of age, with fluent command of the state language, who has resided in the republic for not less than 15 years prior to her or his nomination for President may be elected President of the Kyrgyz Republic".